Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rats and Spartans not in the NCAA Tournament

300 - I'd already seen this, but not in hi-def and it was much better on a screen that wasn't my laptop. I feel a bit cheated now that this is a pop culture story and not a cool old story I knew, but many people didn't. What fun is it being a nerd if you can't be smug about it?

Keen Eddie: The Complete Series: Disc 3 (4-Disc Series)- Great series that only lasted one season, but the episodes seem to be getting weaker in the third disc. This is one of the shows that pops up on "should have been saved" lists by critics.

Transformers - It makes me sad that kids won't know that glory of a cheap cartoon designed to sell toys because of this orgy of CGI technology. I wanted this movie to be so much more than it was, but it's still about robots who destroy things.

Ratatouille - At dinner Wednesday, two friends who are old enough to be my parents raved about how much they loved this movie. I love it too. I especially love that Patton Oswalt was the voice in a kiddie movie.

God Grew Tired of Us - I devoted a full post to this. See it if you still haven't.

(Image property of Pixar)

No comments: